Following the departure of Al Nassr manager Rudi Garcia by mutual consent, Cristiano Ronaldo has finally spoken out.
Al Nassr’s recent goalless draw against Al Feiha left them trailing Saudi Professional League leaders Al Ittihad by three points.
The confirmation of Rudi Garcia’s exit from Al Nassr came on Thursday after reports of the manager’s departure had been circulating.
A statement released by Al Nassr said: “Al-Nassr can announce that Head Coach Rudi Garcia has left the Club by mutual agreement.
“The board and everyone at Al-Nassr would like to thank Rudi and his staff for their dedicated work during the past 8 months.”
On the back of the draw against Al Feiha, Ronaldo was visibly frustrated as he was captured ranting at his opponents.
Whilst Garcia was critical of his side, he said: “I don’t feel satisfied with [their] performance.
“I asked them to play at the same level as the last game [a 5-0 win over Al-Adalah], but this didn’t happen.”
After Garcia’s departure, Ronaldo has taken to social media to pay tribute.
The Portuguese posted a picture of himself and Garcia, with a message that read: “Pleasure to have worked with you. Wishing you all the best for the future.”
Since joining the club, Ronaldo has made a total of 12 appearances across all competitions, scoring 11 goals whilst providing two assists.
Al Nassr had appointed Rudi Garcia as their manager last summer in place of Argentine coach Miguel Angel Russo, but it has now been confirmed that he has left the club.
Al Nassr’s Under 19 coach Dinko Jelicic has been announced as the new head coach for the rest of the season.
Al Nassr is set to resume their Saudi Professional League campaign next week, with a match against Al Hilal on Tuesday night.
Will Cristiano Ronaldo be able to inspire his team to win the league title in his debut season in Saudi Arabia? Only time will tell.