Marcus Rashford has hit back at claims his Manchester United future may be in doubt.
There has been speculation of tension between Rashford and United manager Erik ten Hag in the past week.
The England striker was forced to apologise to the Dutchman after attending a nightclub party to celebrate his birthday following last weekend’s 3-0 derby defeat to Manchester City.
Reports emerged the day after the City match that Rashford had gone to the Chinawhite nightclub for a pre-arranged birthday party hours after the Old Trafford loss.
The player was then not included in United’s squad for the 1-0 win at Fulham after taking a “heavy knock” in training.
Rashford’s absence led some to speculate that there are tensions between the player and Ten Hag.
However, Rashford responded to a tweet fromThe United Standquestioning whether the 26-year-old’s future at the club may be in doubt.
Please STOP spreading malicious rumours.
— Marcus Rashford (@MarcusRashford) November 6, 2023
The United attacker bluntly said on X, formallyTwitter: “Please STOP spreading malicious rumours.”
After a 30-goal haul in all competitions last term, Rashford has endured a difficult start to the season this time around, netting just once for United so far.
However, Ten Hag firmly rejected suggestions the player is not matching the standards set by the United boss.
In a press conference last week, Ten Hag said. “He’s fitting in [with Ten Hag’s policies]. He’s very motivated to put things right. I know which effort he’s putting in. He’s totally with us.
“He makes a mistake but it doesn’t say he isn’t fitting in. I see him every day, on the training, what he’s doing, I know. Make one mistake. But also, off the pitch what he’s doing, how he lives and I’m sure he’s doing everything right to help the team to perform and to let us win.”