The highest-paid players in the Saudi Pro League have been disclosed following the high-profile transfers this summer.
Cristiano Ronaldo initiated the move to Saudi Arabia by joining Al Nassr from Manchester United, signing an exceptionally lucrative contract.
His former Real Madrid teammate, Karim Benzema, followed suit, moving to the Middle East with Al Ittihad.
Other notable European players like N’Golo Kante, Neymar, and Riyad Mahrez also made the move to Saudi Arabia. Players like Sadio Mane, Jordan Henderson, and Aleksandar Mitrovic also secured deals with Al Nassr, Al Ettifaq, and Al Hilal.
The massive financial packages have lured the best talent from Europe to the Saudi Pro League.
Naturally, the Portuguese international is the highest-paid player in Saudi Arabia as he earns a whopping salary of £173 million, ahead of the French forward who pockets a staggering salary of £172 million.
Neymar, who left PSG for Al Hilal, is also on a monster salary as he pockets £138 million-per-year.
Check out the top ten below:
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr) – £173 million
- Karim Benzema (Al Ittihad) – £172 million
- Neymar (Al Hilal) – £138 million
- N’Golo Kante (Al Ittihad) – £86 million
- Riyad Mahrez (Al Ahli) – £44 million
- Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq) – £36 million
- Sadio Mane (Al Nassr) – £33 million
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Al Hilal) – £30 million
- Aleksandar Mitrovic (Al Hilal) – £21 million
- Marcelo Brozovic (Al Nassr) – £21 million
Who will be the next player to head to Saudi Arabia? Watch this space.